Rochester Classical Academy opened in fall 2019 with PreK through 1st grades. In each successive year, the school will add one grade (2nd grade in 2020, 3rd grade in 2021, etc.). Follow the process outlined below to apply for admission to RCA.
Now Enrolling PreK - 2nd for Fall 2020
1. Attend a Rochester Classical Academy Open House
Attendance at an Open House is required for admission to RCA. Please click here to view the 2019-20 schedule of Open Houses.
2. Submit Application Materials for Admission
The admission application should take less than an hour but will require several considered answers. The birthday deadline for entrance into the respective grades is September 1st (Kindergarteners must be 5, 1st graders must be 6, 2nd graders must be 7). See application checklist below for all applicable materials.
3. Submit Application Materials for Financial Aid (if applicable)
Families interested in applying for tuition assistance should do so at the same time they apply for admission. Families that do not desire tuition assistance can skip to step 3.
The application for tuition assistance should take about an hour and will require parents to submit several different pieces of financial information. Each page of the application can be saved separately.
4. Schedule Parent/Student Interview and Student Evaluation
RCA will contact you to schedule this appointment.
- Bring your child’s birth certificate to the interview.
- The interview with the parents will last about 30 minutes.
- The evaluation with the student will last about 45 minutes.
- Only bring the child who is scheduled for a Student Evaluation.
5. Admission Decision
Parents will receive a decision within five weeks after the interview and evaluation. Accepted students have one month after the acceptance notification to enroll by submitting a signed parent contract and $300 nonrefundable deposit which will be subtracted from the family’s annual tuition contribution. Only after submitting these two items is a student’s spot reserved.
- Pastor recommendation letter for family (download here)
- Provide any Special Learning Tests, Records, Documents
NOTICE OF NONDISCRIMINATORY POLICY AS TO STUDENTS
Rochester Classical Academy admits students of any race, color, national and ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the school. It doesn’t discriminate on the basis of race, color, national and ethnic origin in administration of its educational policies, admissions policies, scholarship and loan programs, and athletic and other school-administered programs.